5 Steps to a 5 AP English Literature, 2014-2015 Edition
A resource book that will guide AP students on their AP Literature exam. It will serve to clarify requirements for the AP English Literature exam and provide students with test practice. It will also show rubrics (grading standards) on which students can model and evaluate their own work.
This book is also designed to serve the following purposes:
- Anticipate and answer your questions.
- Enrich your understanding and appreciation of literature.
- Help you pace yourself.
- Make you aware of the Five Steps to Mastering the AP English Literature exam.
Step 1: Set Up Your Study Program
- Useful information about the Advanced Placement program and exams
- Three alternative study schedules and advice for determining which is best for you
Step 2: Determine Your Test Readiness
- A first look at the overall exam, to be repeated in greater detail later
Step 3: Develop Strategies for Success
- Learn about the test itself
- Learn to read multiple-choice questions
- Learn how to answer multiple-choice questions, including whether or not to guess
- Learn how to deconstruct the essay prompts
- Learn how to plan the essay
Step 4: Review the Knowledge You Need to Score High
- Practice activities that will hone your skills in close reading
- Practice activities in critical thinking
- Practice activities in critical/analytical writing
Step 5: Build Your Test-Taking Confidence
- Two practice exams that test how well honed your skills are
- Rubrics for self-evaluation
None of the files shown here are hosted on this server. The contents of the posts are for educational purposes and SHOULD BE VIEWED ONLY. If you download any files to view them, you are agreeing to delete them within a 24 hour period. If you are a copyright owner, please contact us and we will be happy to remove the link.