Publication Date: 17 Feb 2000 | ISBN-10: 0194340783 | ISBN-13: 978-0194340786
Designed for learners who want to make effective progress in a short time, this course concentrates on developing fluency, refreshing key grammar areas, and extending vocabulary. 40-60 hours per level.
Clockwise is an intensive refresher course in general English for adults, with an emphasis on improving the quality of students' language performance. It is designed for university students and adults in the working world with limited time and money, who want confidence in general English quickly and effectively, for social interaction and travel or functional purposes. Its image is adult, clear, simple, spacious, accessible, and businesslike.
- Practical syllabus includes pronunciation and lots of oral practice, as well as memory skills and timed activities to encourage fast, relevant learning.
- Introduces work on features of spoken English, conversational tactics, and high frequency idiomatic vocabulary.
- Clear objectives in each lesson encourage achievement and progress.
- Short lessons can be used in any order, allowing choice in topic and syllabus coverage.
- All-in-one Classbook, with Practice section and writing activities.
- Photocopiable Teacher's Resource Pack at each level for supplementing and adapting.