Publication Date: 2008
The authoritative guide to over 225,000 pronunciations in both British and American English has been updated in a new edition – now complete with the brand new Longman Pronunciation Coach CD-ROM which gives students lots of practical help to improve their own pronunciation.
The new third edition of the Longman Pronunciation Dictionary gives students detailed guidance on over 225,000 pronunciations. Fully revised for 2008, it includes new words such as iTunes, Skype and Tikrit. This new edition also includes the brand new Longman Pronunciation Coach CD-ROM which gives students practical help to improve their own pronunciation.
Need help with pronunciation? The Longman Pronunciation Dictionary:
* Helps students with over 225,000 pronunciations in both British and American English using the International Phonetic Alphabet
* Helps students with intonation by showing the stress patterns of thousands of compounds and idioms
* Features user-friendly graphs showing the preferred pronunciations of British and American speakers, based on extensive research by Professor Wells
The CD-ROM bundled with the dictionary includes* spoken versions of every headword, in BrE and AmE
* the entire text of the dictionary, on-screen
* a Self-Study Lab (interactive exercises with feedback)
* a Teachers’ Resource Centre with worksheets and suggestions for classroom activities