Children Picture Dictionary
Children’s Picture Dictionary
The Longman Children’s Picture Dictionary presents 800 words in a variety of richly illustrated and photographed topics. The dictionary is designed to appeal to young learners and can be used at home or in class. Each of the 50 topics comes with a song or chant by Carolyn Graham.
- • Vocabulary: Each topic contains 10-20 vocabulary words. Small illustrations and numbers are placed next to each word for easy reference.
- • Dialogs: The dialogs use many of the vocabulary words in short, meaningful exchanges. They provide practice in some of the most common functions of language like asking for information.
- Many of the dialogs can be used for role-play and the words are color-coded red, green, blue or purple, indicating which ones can be substituted into each dialog. Words with a black number are not designed to fit the dialogs.
- • Hidden Object: One item from Topic 1 Alphabet is hidden in each of the dictionary illustrations.
- • Activity: Each topic has one or more activities, which can be used to practice the vocabulary words, or personalize the topic. Most of the activities present an idea that can be expanded upon by the teacher.
- • Songs and Chants: Each topic contains a song or chant and its karaoke version, to help children practice the vocabulary words in a lively and creative way.