Oxford Learner’s Thesaurus Pack: A Dictionary of Synonyms
Oxford Learner’s Thesaurus Pack : A Dictionary of Synonyms CD-ROM
Oxford | ISBN: 0194752003 | Date: 2008 | British and American English
A learner’s thesaurus of over 15,000 words and expressions from written and spoken. British and American English with CD-ROM. The learner’s thesaurus helps students distinguish between similar words and use them correctly.
The 2,000 entries:
– include between three and ten near synonyms, showing the differences between them in terms of meaning, grammar, register, collocations, and frequency;
– help students understand the differences between familiar words, such as easy and simple, while learning expressions they may not know, such as effortless, painless, and smooth sailing;
– provide over 4,000 notes to enable students to distinguish between very close synonyms, choose the best word for the context, and use it correctly; and
– include over 2,000 opposites.
The Oxford Learner’s Thesaurus also includes:
– 16 study pages, focusing on specific topics with exam-style exercises;
– 8-page trainer on making the best use of the Thesaurus; and
– a CD-ROM of the complete Oxford Learner’s Thesaurus A-Z pages and indexes, and over 200 practice exercises.