Elements of Fiction Writing: Conflict and Suspense
Ramp up the tension and keep your readers hooked! Inside you’ll find everything you need to know to spice up your story, move your plot forward, and keep your readers turning pages. Expert thriller author and writing instructor James Scott Bell shows you how to craft scenes, create characters, and develop storylines that harness conflict and suspense to carry your story from the first word to the last.
Learn from examples of successful novels and movies as you transform your work from ho-hum to high-tension.
- Pack the beginning, middle, and end of your book with the right amount of conflict.
- Tap into the suspenseful power of each character’s inner conflict.
- Build conflict into your story’s point of view.
- Balance subplots, flashbacks, and backstory to keep your story moving forward.
- Maximize the tension in your characters’ dialogue.
- Amp up the suspense when you revise.
Conflict & Suspense offers proven techniques that help you craft fiction your readers won’t be able to put down.
None of the files shown here are hosted on this server. The contents of the posts are for educational purposes and SHOULD BE VIEWED ONLY. If you download any files to view them, you are agreeing to delete them within a 24 hour period. If you are a copyright owner, please contact us and we will be happy to remove the link.